Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Too Long

It has been way too long since my last entry! Things have been very busy. I am in the middle of building a studio on my property and getting ready for two shows coming up this summer. I am preparing about 70 paintings for the two shows. I will talk about the studio in my next post along with some photos.

________________________________________________________________

I love painting people and I try to paint at least 30 figure paintings a year. People are so intersting to me and always make for good subject for painting. Below is one of my figure studies, done in about three hours in one sitting.


Red hair 24x20 oil


Tending His Flock 24x36 oil, Ireland
I went to ireland a couple of years ago and it is still on my mind often. It is truly a magical place. Ireland was more dramatic and rugged than I had anticipated. I am eager to return there to do more painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment