Saturday, May 8, 2010

Studio Figures

Lately I have been focusing much of my efforts on painting from the live model. Painting people offers an endless supply of inspiration and challenges. All my paintings are direct, alla prima paintings which adds another level of difficulty to the issue. It makes painting very exciting, not knowing where things might go, or if the painting will go where I want, or become a failure. So much in life is planned. I like having my work be something that occurs in the moment and is a discovery as it happens.



" Peonies and Silver" oil 36x24
"Afternoon Tea" oil 30x24

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work, I love the blog. Congratulations.
    I'm not a painter, but my relationship with art is extensive.
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andre - amazing work. Thanks for the visit today -

    ReplyDelete